Friday, September 3, 2010


THE HAPPY ENDING

There are so many things happening all around me. There are so many things occurring all around the world even as I sit and let my mind wander. But I am not able to decide what to write about. So I put on my headphones and listen to some loud music. I am trying to clear out some space in my head. Still nothing seems to help. As the playlist goes on, one song catches my attention and takes me back a few months. It takes me back to a day at Alliance Française, when I learnt a song. It was an incredible experience. The feeling I got when I could actually sing along with Joe Dassin when he sang “Aux Champs Elysees”. It felt different, I loved feeling different. That feeling got lost somewhere. I am trying to get it back.


For some days now I have been trying very hard to keep myself occupied with activities that make me happy. A recent conversation with a friend has made me think about many things. If we always put ourselves down and victimise ourselves we are sure not going to get a happy ending. As he very pertinently said, “stop with your melodramatic, the world is conspiring against me emotional nonsense and get a grip on yourself.” From that day on I decided to let go of my redundant emotional baggage. It was long overdue, and I finally let it go.


The truth is since that moment things looked brighter. I could see things clearly. I was actually able to say, “So what if I didn’t get what I wanted in the past, I am sure I will have the future I want”. It felt like a new day. The day I had been waiting for seemed to have arrived. I missed many moments, days and years in the past worrying about problems that were not even mine. I spent a lot of time cribbing about my past and nerve-racking about my future. In the midst of all this, I lost out on living the present. But I was not going to do that anymore.


I have learned from my friend that the only choice we actually have is, not giving up on ourselves even if the world gives up on us. When the time is right, wondrous things happen. The challenge is to be able to wait for the right time and keep working hard till it arrives. The key point is to know that, even if it feels like the end of the road; there is always a way back home. There is always a new beginning and there is always the happy ending.






8 comments:

  1. Really touching, honey bun! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start babe... looking forward to lots of great ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful,kali.really looking forward to reading more :)


    love,

    misha didi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work pratiti...gud way of expressing...kp up da gud work..all da best n tc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like :)
    Simple, yet thought provoking. I think you dont need to worry about the content anymore, you know exactly what you're doing! :)
    Waiting for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyy damn nice start!! very wel expressed thoughts... most of vich v ve discussed in da past :).. keep it coming

    ReplyDelete